Friday, November 13, 2009

Links You'll Love

Happy Friday!
This week has been a busy one in blog world, so I don't want you to miss a beat. Just think of me as Julie- your social planner- on the Love Boat.
Here are a few links you'll want to read:

1. MckMama and Stellan's surgery! This is a wonderful, amazing story that you shouldn't miss. God just showed off and it is pretty cool.

2. Compassion bloggers to El Salvador. Oh, my. You know we love Compassion International, right? We sponsor a child in Guatemala {a GIRL!} and have been absolutely thrilled and blessed by the program. Some wonderful bloggers have been traveling this week and have amazing first hand stories of lives being changed and a REAL look at poverty. It will change your perspective and we all need a little of that sometimes.
Check out Kelly's Korner, Whittaker Woman, Molly Piper or Shaun Groves. They all have awesome stories to tell.

3. Big Mama's Veteran's Day tribute. It's terrific and I learned a lot about the flag.

4. Edie's 12 Days of Homemade Christmas Gifts at Life in Grace. This is a must! So many amazing ideas with step by step instructions. I have made Darby's Christmas tags for about 8 occasions since I saw them last year on her blog! And I will definitely be trying the fudge, monogrammed candles and I might even try a tassel {on tassels- you should know The Nester is coming out with a tassel ebook! YAY}! There are also many sewing tutorials on there if you aren't sew- illiterate like I am.

5. A Thanksgiving Box! Loved this idea from Robin via (In)Courage.

6. For bloggers out there, please see Melissa's post at A Familiar Path on 10 Blogging Tips. They are Won. Der. Ful.

7. I made my friend Antique Mommy's Ridiculously Easy 3 Bean Soup last night and took it to a meeting. Part of me didn't want other people to eat it if that tells you how good it is. It IS supa easy and there are just 2 beans... for the price of 3. Or something like that.
I'll just say your Saturday would be incomplete without it.
{And FYI, I used 1.5 pounds of ground turkey because that's what I had and Apple Cider Vinegar because I couldn't bear the thought of getting out real vinegar from our cleaning section under the sink for food.}

8. Whew! Last but not least, please mark your calendars for Mary's Giving Up on the Perfect Thanksgiving rockin' blog carnival next week. She even has a cute button {all the cool kids are getting one}!

Have a great weekend!

6 comments:

Melissa Stover said...

thanks for the link love!

Mary @ Giving Up On Perfect said...

Thank you for the shout-out, mah friend! Now I'm off to read those blogging tips...

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

I am already behind in my blog reading and you have to add MOERE?! ;0) Yay, Stellan!!! And, I think I might have to check out the bean soup!

Mrs. Nurse Boy

annieck said...

You are so on top of things! :) Thanks for helping us keep up.

edie said...

Thank you so much Ms. Hillary! I remember meeting/seeing you last year at Blissdom (when I was way green to blogging) and it's funny how some faces just stick with ya! I love your blog design and your 'the other mama' theme----too cute! I've enjoyed catching up on your blog and hope to see you in Feb.
Hugs,
edie

Jennifer said...

I'm so behind on my blog reading...but I'll add these to my list! Thanks for sharing!

Post a Comment

You're leaving a comment? Thanks!
You make my day!
I'd hug you, but this screen makes it a little awkward.
xoxo,
Hillary

Blog Widget by LinkWithin