Thursday, April 15, 2010

Friday Favorites: Just a Swangin'

This week has been an absolutely perfect weather week in the South. It's been like every scene of Steel Magnolias except for the musical overtures and without Dolly Parton cutting hair, but pretty much like the rest of it.

So each day after pre-school, the boys have been outside to have a "popsicle party" and swing. My favorite thing this week has been seeing our usually sweet boys have so much fun outside. They love it! And they are at such great ages right now for playing together. I really hope we don't go and throw off the dynamics around here in 3 months...
Wait. Nevermind.

Back to being happy and things being easy, the boys love each other and crack up whenever they are swinging at the same time. (For some reason we called this "being in the same bathtub" when we were kids. Did y'all or am I completely dreaming that?)

Swinging 2

Henry's absolute favorite thing to do is swing. He directs me EACH TIME to the proper swing and ALWAYS asks to swing "highest of all".
H swinging

Ollie is such a big man. I'm actually the teensiest, tiniest bit sad that he has learned how to pump himself. Even though he still likes to be pushed, he "can do it by himself". But since he also says that about brushing his teeth, I'm not betting the farm on it.
O swinging

Please, oh please, let my children remember these days and not the days where they see more movies in the car and bribery sub-par parenting techniques than the pre- Super Nanny families.

These are the times I'm going to choose to remember. I'm trying to take little snapshots in my mind of them at this age because I know it won't last forever. Even on the craziest and busiest of days full of yelling, time outs and lost shoes, I know they won't always need me, so I'm trying to enjoy it while it lasts.
Swinging


What's your favorite thing this Friday?
Spring clothes? A pedicure (JEALOUS!)?
Spring cleaning over (can you come over here)? Favorite recipe?
Favorite new trick to get your cousin-who-can't-stop-talking off the phone?

Write about it on your blog and link your post (not your whole blog) below (follow the easy instructions).
Please sure to direct folks back here to check out the other Friday Favorites and go give them a friendly hello! Because it's Friday and we all need a little TLC to make it to the weekend.


14 comments:

Janna said...

B spent an hour on the swing today:) I love the black and white photo! It capture the magic of a swing and hanging out with your brother.

Elizabeth said...

Ok, that last photo should be monogrammed:) I'll email you re: bibs soon-ish. You have cute stuff--especially the argyle onesie!

Susannah said...

Oh my gosh!! I ALWAYS would say that to Adam "get out of my bathtub" when we would swing. He would TOTALLY act like I was crazy! I'm so glad to know somebody else said that too!

LizzieV. said...

Your boys, as usual, are dolls! (When they want to be-- wink, wink.) Can't say I ever used the phrase "Being in the same bathtub" while swinging. My "swing-set" was more interested in seeing if we could make the swings crash to the ground with synchronized swinging. This crazy swinging was just a recipe for disaster & a short recess!

And if that last photo was mine, I'd have it printed up 11x13 or something (and sign it) for hanging in our photo gallery! Great! (Are you sure you want to go into the monogramming business & not photography?)

Rachel B said...

I too called it in the same bathtub, we had some odd sayings!!

I love the pics, especially the last one, gorgous, gorgous, gorgous!!

Anonymous said...

Cool pictures! Thanks for sharing!

Jenny said...

Awww...sweet! It's so bittersweet to watch them grow up. G has also finally figured out how to pump his legs to swing, and although I was proud of him, I did have to hold back a sniffle since he's growing up. Sweet, sweet memories!

Tara said...

Fun times! I need to invest in a good swing set for our backyard so we can get to swangin'...but I never realized how pricey they can be. They've come a long way from the metal A frame swing sets from childhood!

Kaycee said...

Oh oh oh! That last picture? The black and white one with the sunshine? Gorgeous. Absolutely perfect.

Staci said...

What sweet pictures! But I have to say that I've never heard of "being in the same bathtub"!! That's funny!

Jennifer said...

I'm not sure about the whole bathtub thing, but great pictures! I love moments like these!

Tina said...

I am just so thankful that spring is finally here to stay! I love the first and last picture of the boys swinging, SO SWEET!

Allison @ Alli 'n Son said...

What a great way to spend the afternoon. What great memories to look back on as they get older.

Unknown said...

Fantastic moment on swing set, great pictures.

Greetings from http://www.lifespanswingsets.com.au.

Post a Comment

You're leaving a comment? Thanks!
You make my day!
I'd hug you, but this screen makes it a little awkward.
xoxo,
Hillary

Blog Widget by LinkWithin