Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Glad You're Here

Thank you all so much for joining in the Crazy Carnival Fun!! Hop on down there and enjoy some of the other crazies. You all make me feel so normal!

: : : : : : :
After a crazy day here in blogland and at home, I had a meeting tonight at church. It's not unusual for Jason or me to have a meeting in the 5:30 time slot, so we are pretty good at making it work. I returned home to find a clean kitchen, children being fed and happy boys talking about their day.

Yes, girls. He's taken.

Over dinner, Ollie said, "Mommy, I'm so glad you're here".
Me: "Thanks, buddy. I will always come home."
[Insert Hallmark card commercial music here.]

A few minutes later Henry was mumbling something that sounded like this:
"Mommy, Gah eeeww heh"
Over. And Over. And Over.

Jason and I couldn't figure out what he was saying. Until we deciphered that he was saying, "Mommy, Go to Hell".

Exactly. I'm sure that is it.

Oct 09 153

We asked him where he heard that.
I really don't say that. I am hoping his pre-school teachers don't, either!

We just laughed hysterically as those words kept coming out in a sweet two year old voice. It was like a talking Elmo from the ghetto.

Then, as I'm questioning Barney and about to go watch some Dora to check it out, Ollie says again, "Mommy, I'm glad you're here".

Oh. Yes.
That's it.

So glad I'm not being damned to the fiery pit by my 2 year old.
And that he doesn't have a potty mouth before he knows how to use the actual potty.

15 comments:

annieck said...

Ok, that made me laugh out loud!!! HILARIOUS!!!

Moore Minutes said...

lol! that is too funny and he is ONE SUPER CUTE kid!! Seriously!

Julie from Life Domestic said...

Blog hopping tonight and found your blog! Love this post. My almost 2 yr old grandson is attempting to talk now and I think it's greek... I will have my time coming... I also have a four month old of my own so it will be fun to hear what he has to say when the time comes.

You can visit me if you like @ www.lifedomestic.com

Great blog!

Melanie said...

Now that's funny!!! thanks for hosting yesterday - enjoyed the laughing! melanie

Carrie said...

Too funny! Reminds me of when Megan was trying to say "pajamas". It sounded just like "dumb a$$". It took me like a week to figure out what she was really saying.

Tami VanHoy said...

Poor Henry...so misunderstood! Oh, wait, sorry...I'm confusing this with my mommy season of things teenagers say! Very cute post and love the pic... perfect for your post "what mom? I didn't do ANYTHING...really"

Mary @ Giving Up On Perfect said...

Just one more reason our kiddos are a match made in...somewhere. :)

Lindsey said...

as always, thanks for making me laugh this morning!

dawn said...

I'm new to your blog...that was hysterical! Love it!

Stephanie B said...

Thanks for the laugh! Perked up my dreary Thursday morning. :-)

Anonymous said...

You are so funny! Thanks for the laughs on this rainy day.

Amy said...

That is too funny! :)

The HoneaBees said...

U funny!

Anonymous said...

Hillary,
Henry did NOT Say that!! He was probably saying "Mommy always comes home!" Give him a hug from GiGi!

Donna said...

How precious- he's like "don't start nothing won't be nothing". And I would still do a scan through Dora- I don't trust a girl with a belly-shirt.

Post a Comment

You're leaving a comment? Thanks!
You make my day!
I'd hug you, but this screen makes it a little awkward.
xoxo,
Hillary

Blog Widget by LinkWithin