Monday, September 14, 2009

I Could Eat an Elephant

If you ever hit 2:00- 3:00 pm and are so hungry you could eat an elephant, you are not alone {* cue Michael Jackson tribute}.
I am usually ready for a snack by that time and get to eat it while my children are hopefully asleep {and can't judge me}. Then they wake up and want some sort of snack, too, so I thought I'd share one of our favorites.

It's a pretty easy formula:

Sept 09.3 044

+
Sept 09.3 047
Combined for sandwich
Sept 09.3 048
= Happiness
Henry at Snack
* No children were forced to look like Hitler/ be covered in chocolate for the making of this post.
It just happened.
Since Ollie has gotten all the video love lately, I thought I'd include a little post- cookie bliss interview with Henry.
As with all my expert videos, this one includes thrills like moaning and chomping of older brother in the background, snorts and the trademark trailing off of silence at the end.
With all that build up...

Cookies: it's what's for dinner {hopefully} from The Other Mama on Vimeo.

That's about as Tasty as I can imagine and is linked to my friend, Jen's Tasty Tuesday! Her blog is Balancing Beauty and Bedlam {you should read it} and she is highlighting 4 Meals in 4 minutes from Homemeade Gourmet! I knew we thought alike...
Is anyone else hooked on this chocolate-y yumminess called Nutella like we are? What's your favorite afternoon snack?

11 comments:

The Incredible Shrinking Woman said...

My fav afternoon snack is anything that doesn't require peeling, cutting, or anything that may distract me from my game of farkle. ;)
Actually, I usually go for a hand full of cashews/pecans and a piece of string cheese. Or apples with a small side of peanut butter. Anything to keep away the afternoon munchie attacks. Chocolate will also do in a pinch...as long as it has a form of nuts in it so I can justify eating it...

Lori said...

I've never had Nutella before, but your guys do make it look appealing! (Love your disclaimer!) :)

Katie said...

Yummy! I had forgotten about that stuff! My French teacher in high school introduced us to Nutella that we enjoyed with a baguet(sp?) which was just a little crunchy and flaky for my taste. Perhaps I should try it again with an elephant.

Mary @ Giving Up On Perfect said...

I love animal crackers. And we also buy them in large quantities.

Strangely, however, I've never had nutella. Is it really better than chocolate frosting?

Anonymous said...

We love Nutella too! Especially with those German butter cookies. Hmm. I have some in the pantry. I think well have some for a snack today. Generally, the kids have whatever is in the pantry that contains sugar and I have humus and pretzel chips - and then something sweet too. :)
Mel

Rachel B said...

Yumm, love Nutella!!

My favorite afternoon snack is pretty healthy, greek yogurt with fruit. Mango is my favorite but I'll take any fruit in it.

Signing Out said...

Aw, he's too cute!

Jane

Hollie and Janie said...

I LOVE nutella! I like to put nutella and peanut butter on bananas... i'm not gonna lie... i like to dollop up a spoonful of each right out of the containers! :)
Your boys are too cute!!
hollie

Anonymous said...

How adorable! He makes that snack look really good. Unfortunately, we do not eat Nutella b/c my son is allergic to nuts of all kinds. Hmmm...that doesn't stop me from eating peanut butter so maybe I should stash away some Nutella and animal crackers for myself. Yes, I think so!

Unknown said...

Nutella is awesome anyway you want to use it.I would like to invite you to participate in Crock Pot Wednesday at diningwithdebbie.blogspot.com. Come check it out.

Moore Minutes said...

What a cute little one you have here!! Also, I've learned some GREAT tips from your consignment store info.

Post a Comment

You're leaving a comment? Thanks!
You make my day!
I'd hug you, but this screen makes it a little awkward.
xoxo,
Hillary

Blog Widget by LinkWithin