Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Miss Piggy's Quick Update

I can't tell you how much I love your comments, in general.
Even more than that, I covet {watch out!! CHURCH word!} and appreciate your prayers for my sweet little man through the comments or any time.
He popped back up Monday morning like he had never tossed his cookies, given us a fright or made us google "swine flu symptoms" all night! He had no more fever and went back to mother's morning out today {Tuesday}. Hooray! Praise the Lord!
Poor kid doesn't even know yet that he is supposed to milk his symptoms for a few days to miss school for longer. I'm sure he'll learn one day...

I'll be back shortly to tell you about the photography class I took last night! It was WONDERFUL and I learned some great tips I'll share.

Thanks again for your prayers and kind words! I know there are a lot of families out there that who are suffering with serious illness. My friend Bonnie's little guy, Ethan is doing so much better, but I'm sure they would still love your prayers as they adjust to a new normal. Go over there and check on him! You'll love the story!

And if you would like to leave the name or a link to a family who is in need of prayer in the comments section, we will all go pray for them! Who's in?
What a great way to give encouragement and it's simple and free.
Amen.

14 comments:

Lori said...

Glad to hear that your boy is doing so much better! (And that you got to enjoy a mom's morning out!) I so appreciated the prayers I received when my dad was ill - so it's kind of you to open up this forum for others. Have a great day!

Lane Gunter said...

So glad the little man is better!!
Camp now has a fever, but he had his 1year appt. yesterday with 4 shots. :( Hoping that's just what it's from.
YAY for the photography class!! AND SUPER YAY for sharing with us!! :) Can't wait for that!
I got the Canon Rebel XSi for my bday.

Sabrina said...

Hurray that your family isn't coming down with the flu!!! I wish that I had the time to take a photography class! How fun....what I'd really like to have time is to take one of those painting classes that you took awhile back. Now THAT really looked like fun.

BASSakward Tales said...

glad he is better...i have had sick kiddos too...i do believe that my daughter has the piggy flu...going back to the doctor tomorrow for the second time...been running fever since LAST wednesday...she is not eating and drinking much...bad stuff....

TexasBobbi said...

How Funny that he isn't milking his symptoms yet.

Anonymous said...

Yeah!!

Little boys don't learn how to milk symptoms until they grow up and become husbands. Ask me how I know. ;)

Brandi said...

That is wonderful! So glad he is feeling better. :)

Lauren Thomas said...

Hi there! I've nominated you for a Kreativ Blogger award! You can check it out at http://lifeoflt.blogspot.com

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

Sooo glad his is feeling better!

Mrs. Nurse Boy

Becky said...

ugh! so glad he is better. nothin i hate worse than the stomach bug.

first kera. now you. taking a photography class and not telling me?? i'm bout to start breaking up with people left and right. was it supah fun?

Mary @ Giving Up On Perfect said...

WHA? A photography class?! TELL ME MORE! :)

mary caroline said...

so glad he is better!!! xoxo, aunt sister

Lydia said...

Hope everyone is still well at your house!
Just wanted you to pray for this family, some of my dear friends:
http://jacobjameswright.blogspot.com/2009/09/special-friend.html

Kim Williams said...

I was catching up on a few (months worth) of you blogs today....I so appreciate your sense of humor! This one hit me because we (Keaton and I) have had the flu since Friday. Tess (9 yrs) has figured out that illness = no school...and she threw a riproaring crying fit today that she was not sick and she had to go to school, when I got to stay home from work. Little does she realize that she is soooooooo lucky....but I'm sure her turn is coming....probably tomorrow.

Post a Comment

You're leaving a comment? Thanks!
You make my day!
I'd hug you, but this screen makes it a little awkward.
xoxo,
Hillary

Blog Widget by LinkWithin