Sunday, February 22, 2009

Just so you know...

like any good teacher or parent, I knew my answer to that last question before I posted it.
I was interested to hear your thoughts and thank you so much for all your comments!

It seems like the majority of commenters and poll takers would go for the trip and people on that side of the fence made very good points: keep the ring from your wedding day, time together more valuable, etc.
Then the jewelry brigade made good points, too: if you don't like your ring, then that would be a great move, it would be a family heirloom, always take a diamond, etc.

One very obvious point that wasn't made:
1) Did anybody note how wonderful my husband is that he is on a trip with a big bunch of guys and he called home to tell me that he wishes I was there? How awesome is he!?

In all likelihood, we will probably do a mix of both over the years. And I will be happy with whatever perks come along with this great marriage! It is truly the marriage that matters, not the wedding or ring-as I mentioned, but it did make me feel better for even thinking of it, though that my former pastor had a ring upgrade (as has my mother, so I'm not the only one who has ever thought of that)!

We're shooting for mission impossible this morning: getting to church on time, so I need to run.
But Ollie is singing in church, so hopefully I'll have a good video to post later on. And maybe a new rule for what NOT to do in church.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

You're leaving a comment? Thanks!
You make my day!
I'd hug you, but this screen makes it a little awkward.
xoxo,
Hillary

Blog Widget by LinkWithin