Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Please meet my new children

I'm not actually acquiring any new children at the moment, but I am renaming my existing children for the blogosphere.


Their names will be:
Ollie (short for Oliver- full name only to be used when we are angry with him)
And Henry- who is obviously very confused by this. He just learned his real name.

My mother already hates the names, so I know I'm off to a good start. Why, you ask? Well she didn't like Ollie's REAL LIFE name when we told everyone that's what we were naming him when I was expecting.

And he is named after my father.

So, she will warm up to them like she did to the real name and hopefully life will go on.

As you can see, they are close to their real names so I can remember who they are. And so that you- who presumably might actually know me or them- will know who I'm talking about.

Why am I changing their names?
I don't think that anyone is going to come steal them. If they have read 1/ 10th of this blog then they know that while they might be cute, they are certainly a hand full. Particularly Henry at this point in his life. He has another name around our house- Captain Destructo.

I do think that blogs live forever- no matter how long I continue writing- they will have a record somewhere. And I'd hate for one of my children to find out in middle school that there is a picture of them floating around of them picking their nose or their mother called them Captain Destructo- or something of the sort. Not that I'd ever do that, of course.

Oh, you saw that? Case in point.

So, I know this will be weird for a while. And I thank you in advance for just coming along with me. The stories will still be real and the pictures will still be here (how could I deprive the world of those precious little guys?); just the names are changing.

Oh, and I'll have a new website hopefully by next week.

And a huge jewelry giveaway.

Just call me a tease with fake children's names. I'm sure I've been called worse...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

love the new names can't wait for the new blog!!

Anonymous said...

I like the new names, and am so excited for your new site. New look and all, or just the new name/location?

Anonymous said...

cute new names...and i'm glad that you kept them so similar to their real names (my memory isn't what it used to be). can't wait for the new site!!

Anonymous said...

New blog? I'm excited. You are inspiring me to make changes too. But, I'm going to keep my husband's name the same so someone WILL come steal him. =)

Anonymous said...

This DOES make sense. I might change my children's bloggy names as well!

Anonymous said...

Great idea! I love your mom's reactions to the names. ;)

Post a Comment

You're leaving a comment? Thanks!
You make my day!
I'd hug you, but this screen makes it a little awkward.
xoxo,
Hillary

Blog Widget by LinkWithin