Tuesday, May 6, 2008

The Diet- Week 3

Alright. I'm going to tell you from the get go that this post is about to be buried under others because I don't have good diet news. Apparently 2 1/2 weeks is about my breaking point for cooking (and cleaning up!) all my own meals and depriving myself of any splurge items. (I know we splurged on our anniversary, but that doesn't count!) Well, this week, Jason and I have both been working long hours, etc, you hear my rationalization coming on. So, to get to the point, I gained a pound and a half. That's right! GAINED! And it's not the diet's fault. That would be my fault. We went out to dinner on Saturday night after Jason had worked all day and I had the kids all day trying to get things done- like errands- definitely work! So, that was a ding against the old diet. And, I was at a dinner last night that was catered by Ruth's Chris steakhouse and they had a Cinco de Mayo steak soft taco buffet. Come ON! I'd already paid $$$ for this meal, so I was going to eat it anyway, and let me tell you it was yum-my.
Here are the things that were on the scale's side this morning: I had only slept 5 hours, I still had not digested steak dinner and I didn't get up to run this morning. So, on to the next week. Jason and I were shooting for 4 weeks of strict Belly Flat dieting, but we are just doing our best from here on out! The best thing you can get out of any diet is to be more aware of what you are putting in your body and I think we are both doing a much better job of that. I will keep you updated on my goal- now a stinkin' 16.5 more pounds. Ugh.
And, FYI, I did not eat Chuck E. Cheese pizza- I almost did, though!

** Post Script- I allowed myself to weigh again on Wednesday morning because of the many factors against my weekly weigh in on Tuesday and I'd lost the malicious pound and a half! WooHoo! Only 15 more to go!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm still so proud of you guys- I can't believe you cooked your meals for two weeks- I have the hardest time doing that- I want a reward after cooking a few days. AND- you didn't eat the Chucky pizza? WOW! (Although their pizza is gross- it's still pizza). You go girl- and I still dont' think you could lose 16 pounds without looking like Mary Kate Olsen.

Post a Comment

You're leaving a comment? Thanks!
You make my day!
I'd hug you, but this screen makes it a little awkward.
xoxo,
Hillary

Blog Widget by LinkWithin