Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The WHOLE Way Down

I took this Wednesday morning of my little guy in his big boy crib

Today, I was looking in my handy dandy video monitor working away happily downstairs in my basement office, when I looked at what appeared to be a child STANDING in his crib. Surely that couldn't be my child because he JUST turned 9 months old. Alas, it WAS our little Henry! Good gravy! I can't take all these milestones at once! What's next, prom??
So, tonight Jason put his crib the WHOLE way down. It will probably stay that way for the next year or so, so I'm sure I'll get used to it, but it looks like a big boy sleeps there. *sniff. sniff.*
Jason put him to bed tonight and got done before I did, so I didn't get a picture, but I'll post one when I do.
Here is our bedtime routine: Jason and I take turns bathing the kids. This started when I was uber pregnant with Henry and couldn't bend down to the tub all that well. {Before that I did bath every night, but didn't mind at all- I actually enjoy it!} Ollie gets a bath every night and Henry is still on an every-other-night bath schedule. I usually have the nights with Henry unless we get off track, but either way is fine. When I am bathing both of them (like tonight), Ollie yells, "Jaas, Hen-we is weddy" when Henry is weddy ready. Then Jason takes Henry away to dry him, put on PJS, read and go to sleep. Then I take Ollie to brush his teeth, put on PJS, read and go to sleep.

Tonight we read Gordon's New View. This is an enlightening tale of trains in the Thomas the Tank Engine series. It's by a British author. You might not have heard of it. (Don't I wish I could discuss these books at a book club meeting or something like that?) This would be the 3rd time today that I've read that particular book. Ollie gets on kicks where he likes one book over and over which is totally age appropriate, so that's okay by me. I will admit, though, that I went through several other options like, "Are you sure you don't want to read Knuffle Bunny? Jesus and the Giant? {The Bible}, On the Moon?"
"No, Go-don's Nu Boo".

So, Gordon it was. And now for some restful down time. Ahhh. Off to do Bible Study. I'm over half way through a Beth Moore study- Believing God- and I don't want it to end. It's awesome!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so funny about Owen calling Jason "jaas". Marc bathes our kids and when Julia is ready she will yell, "donna...baby's weddy" and I put her to bed. How hard is it to put your baby crib all the way down- I know it seems like he is growing so fast- but 9 months is a BABY- he is so precious- can't wait to hug him!

Anonymous said...

i'm glad i'm the only one that struggles with milestones. When we converted Ryan's bed from a toddler to a full size bed...well, let's just say momma was SAD!! now kylee anne is ready to get a big girl bed and again momma is struggling. it goes too fast!!

Anonymous said...

Okay, that comment should say...i'm glad i'm NOT the only one! OOPS!!

Post a Comment

You're leaving a comment? Thanks!
You make my day!
I'd hug you, but this screen makes it a little awkward.
xoxo,
Hillary

Blog Widget by LinkWithin